If I had a good experience at a local business during my travels, I am going to tell you about it!
Located just off of Stresemannstrasse (a short walk to Potsdamer Platz, the Brandenburgh Gates, the Tiergarten, the Holocaust Memorial – and everything else significant in downtown Berlin as mentioned here). Inexpensive, clean, friendly and convenient, my highest recommendations go to this particular business location. Staying here can literally make your whole Berlin holiday – really!
2. Hostel; East Seven. Grünberger Straße 54, 10245 Berlin, Germany, 030 2887683.
A former Stasi prison in East Berlin, East Seven is clean, cheap, nicely decorated and the staff are knowledgeable about the area, accommodating and very friendly. It’s a great place to meet other travellers in a cool atmosphere – and if you are a war history buff, where better to stay than a former Stasi prison!
3. Food; Maharadscha, Indian restaurant. Fugger Str. 21, 10777 Berlin, Germany (Schöneberg)
I love Indian food and I found it at its best in Maharsdscha. The prices were shockingly cheap and the server tried to return my (not THAT generous) tip. The restaurant staff were very interested in us and our travel stories, and a few even sat down to speak with us about it. Very friendly!
4. The Mall; Potsdamer Platz Arkaden. Alte Potsdamer Straße 7, 10785 Berlin, Germany
Often when traveling, you find yourself needing a few extra supplies. This mall has everything, at a reasonable price (cheap!) and convenient location. I went to a few shops in need of a new bag, toothpaste, deodorant and some hairspray. I spent a pleasant few hours wandering the mall, checking out the latest in German fashion. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and spoke at least some English to help with my purchases.
- Runaway *Travel Tips* Germany (habitual runaway.wordpress.com)
- Runaway *Top 10 See and Do* BERLIN, Germany (habitualrunaway.wordpress.com)